Meeting agendas and updates are issued from the Town Clerk’s Office. To receive these by email or text, sign up for Carrboro Town News at https://www.carrboronc.gov/list.aspx
Civic involvement is a valued tradition in our community. Reach the Town Council with your ideas, views, and questions at Council@carrboronc.gov
The Carrboro Town Council will hold the next Council Meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday, May 2, 2023. The agenda is available at https://carrboro.legistar.com/ and https://bit.ly/40Rlxxh
This meeting will be held at Carrboro Town Hall, 301 W. Main St. Members of the public are welcome to attend in person or can view the livestream at https://carrboro.legistar.com/ OR YouTube.com/CarrboroNC OR Cable TV 18 (in Carrboro).
To download a copy of the full meeting calendar visit https://www.carrboronc.gov/DocumentCenter/View/12313
The Carrboro Town Council met Tuesday, April 25, 2023, for a Council Meeting and took the following actions on the agenda posted at https://bit.ly/3H6Hotp
- Recognized the Arbor Day Proclamation - https://www.carrboronc.gov/2630/Proclamations-and-Resolutions
- Recognized the Bike Month Proclamation - https://www.carrboronc.gov/2630/Proclamations-and-Resolutions
- Set legislative public hearings on May 23, 2023, to consider a request for conditional rezoning at 501 South Greensboro Street and associated text amendments. The application includes a request for a text amendment to add certain multi-family residential uses to the M-3-CZ district, and other associated changes relating to the proposed residential uses.
- Set a public hearing on May 23, 2023, to consider amendments to the Land Use Ordinance to revise notification associated with attendance requirements for boards and commissions.
- Awarded a contract to Griffin & Strong PC to perform a disparity study for the Town of Carrboro contracting and procurement and to authorize the Town Manager to sign any necessary documents.
The Town Council, which is the legislative and policy-making body for Carrboro, comprises Mayor Damon Seils, Mayor Pro Tempore Susan Romaine, Council Member Barbara Foushee, Council Member Randee Haven-O’Donnell, Council Member Danny Nowell, Council Member Eliazar Posada, and Council Member Sammy Slade. More information is available at https://www.carrboronc.gov/248/Town-Council