Meeting agendas and updates are issued from the Town Clerk’s Office. To receive these by email or text, sign up for Carrboro Town News at carrboronc.gov/signup
Civic involvement is a valued tradition in our community. Reach the Town Council with your ideas, views, and questions at email@example.com
The Town Council will meet next virtually at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 8, to consider an agenda https://bit.ly/3gucAoR that also will be posted at https://carrboro.legistar.com/
The Carrboro Town Council met virtually Tuesday, Feb. 1, and took the following actions on the agenda posted at https://bit.ly/3r8OdDe
- Authorized the 2022 street resurfacing contract.
- Authorized a contract update with Stantec for a bike loop detector construction project.
- Received the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report and Independent Audit for 2021 Fiscal Year.
- Received a presentation on the One Orange Racial Equity Framework, which is a countywide effort to advance racial equity. The Council adopted the framework in a unanimous vote. This document is a working framework used to guide racial equity work being done in each jurisdiction of Orange County. The framework provides structure and oversight as each jurisdiction develops individual strategies to advance racial equity.
- Received public input for the Town’s budget for the upcoming fiscal year beginning July 1, 2022.
About the Town Council
The Town Council is the legislative and policy-making body for Carrboro, consisting of the following: Mayor Damon Seils, Mayor Pro Tempore Susan Romaine, Council Member Barbara Foushee, Council Member Randee Haven-O’Donnell, Council Member Danny Nowell and Council Member Sammy Slade. More information is available at carrboronc.gov/248/Town-Council